Like us in facebook

Sunday, August 21, 2011

SLC Chief Dharmadasa Slams ‘Hidden Agendas” Of Few Individuals


The Head of the Interim Committee of SLC, Upali Dharmadasa, in a special communique from the Chairman’s office has slammed what he termed “the hidden agendas” of certain individuals in Colombo and praised the efforts of officials of the District Cricket Associations for their excellent support and co-ordination.
“I extend my sincere gratitude to the District Cricket associations from Kandy, Matale, Galle, Dambulla and Hambantota for their excellent coordination and cooperation in helping the Tour Organising Committee of Sri Lanka Cricket to successfully conduct the recently concluded matches in the ongoing series against Australia at Pallekele and at Sooriyawewa.  I will fail in my gesture of appreciation if I don’t make mention of the sterling job done by the district coaches who volunteered to take on responsibility during our hour of need,” the communiqué said.
“However, I find it difficult to shower my praises for the forthcoming two encounters scheduled to be played at the R. Premadasa Stadium, based on the fact that a few individuals seem to have hidden agendas, of their own, and seem to undermine the capabilities of our staff who have been true stalwarts of Sri Lanka Cricket, by their dedicated service in Pallekele and Sooriyawewa.
It is with agony that I state that a few individuals in Colombo think that they are indispensable. I assure the Public and the Media, that my working Committee will ensure that we will maintain our corporate standards with or without the individuals who are bent upon sabotaging the good work done by my match committee.
I have faith that my Tour Organising Committee and our Media Unit will continue with the good work that they have done so far, whilst I extend my gratitude to the Public and the Media in general for the UN conditional support extended to our beloved game,” the chairman concluded

No comments:

Post a Comment

News

Total Pageviews